Monday, August 4, 2008

Oy Vay!

So, I took my kids to Giggle Beans today. It was supposed to be a fun morning with two of my close friends and their kids. It started out okay; no big problems, just the usual kid stuff. One hour into our 3-hour playtime, Spencer was climbing on a toy - an actual toy meant for kids to climb on - and it collapsed. The poor boy came up screaming with dark, dark blood running down his lip, a bruised cheek, and two teeth knocked loose. I will spare you all the details, but the short version is that I picked him up, drove across the street to an urgent care (location, location, location!) where his lip was stiched up by a mean doctor who told him not to cry because "he would look back on it an be ashamed of himself". Needless to say, I was about to kick in his teeth! After speaking to the owner of Giggle Beans, I found out that the owner knew the toy was broken but had it out on the play floor anyway. I am not sure what to do about this exactly, but she did offer me free membership to Giggle Beans with no expiration date. I think probably I need to make an insurance claim or someting with their insurance company, but she did not let me fill out an accident report or anything. I guess that is something I will deal with tomorrow.

On a more positive note, last week was a fun one. Swimming and playing and celebrating birthdays.
Make a wish....

Summer is winding down...three more weeks until I am back to the daily grind. I can't exactly wrap my mind around it, but I know for sure I am getting stressed out about it. I can't imagine not spending the days as I please and being with my munchkins day in and day out. I already bought the school supplies for Spencer, so that is out of the way. If I wait until the last week, I feel too much pressure.
There is actual vanilla ice cream under all those sprinkles. We gave Spencer the can of sprinkles, and boy, did he sprinkle.

The princess fell asleep by the pool.
This is her diva look....
Slade braved the slide into the water and got "sunked".
That's my baby.





No comments: