Sunday, February 8, 2009

Dumb, dumb, dumb

Today, I went rollerskating with my boys at a roller rink that hasn't changed in smell or sight in about the 20 years I was last there. That was the interesting part. The dumb part is that I laced up the skates and actually skated with my 7-year old and didn't expect to feel any worse for the wear. Well, I do now. Wish I had a picture to show you because judging from the laughter of Stefan from the sidelines, who, might I add, didn't even bother to THINK of putting skates on, I am sure it was quite a sight. I didn't fall though, and as I left Spencer in the dust a couple of times (he has a falling problem with the skates), I have to admit that I felt 12 years old again, because on a rollerskating rink, all persons are created equal in looking awkward unless you are under the age of 12!

No comments: